An American Federal Magistrate Judge has said that al Qaeda, the Taliban and Iran are all liable to pay up to $6 billion in damages for the 9/11 attacks in New York.
So lets get this straight.
- *Osama bin Laden, leader of al Qaeda and Saudi national, claims responsibility for 9/11
- *15 of the 19 hijackers were citizens of Saudi Arabia. Direct connection to 9/11
- *America invades Afghanistan and is currently at war with the Taliban. Vague connection to 9/11
- *America invades Iraq and destroys it completely. No connection to 9/11
- *America wants Iran to pay compensation for 9/11. No connection to 9/11
Since when did Iran suddenly become the new bad guy behind 9/11? Surely it would have made more sense to invade Saudi Arabia – and surely it makes more sense to ask Saudi Arabia for compensation, considering most of the hijackers, plus OBL and funding are of Saudi origin.
America is attacked by al Qaeda. America bombs Iraq and blames Iran. Go figure.